Rechercher dans ce blog

Friday, September 4, 2020

I'll never forget | Arts And Entertainment | newsexaminer.com - Newsexaminer

forget.indah.link

On Tuesday morning, September 11, 2001, I was working at my desk in the insurance agency. We had the radio on for background music when all of a sudden the music was interrupted by an announcement that the North Tower of the World Trade Center located in New York had been hit by an airplane. A short time later the radio announcer shouted that a second plane had hit the South Tower.

From 8:46 a.m. – 10:28 a.m. it was confirmed that four air attacks had taken place targeting the two Twin Towers, the Pentagon and the White House. Three of the four targets were hit and the plane that was heading for the White House went down in a field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, before reaching its destination.

I was stunned as I listened throughout the day of the events that had taken place that morning. The best way that I could describe my feelings was though I had just awakened from a bad dream.

I needed someone to shake me to make sure I was awake! I couldn’t believe that the greatest nation on earth had just been sabotaged.

I asked myself, “How could this have happened?” Once the dust cleared I began to pray and seek the Lord.

In the early afternoon I received a call from Pastor Mike Sanders (2001 president of the Ministerial Association) advising that our mayor had asked him to put together a Prayer Vigil to pray for all that had been injured, for the families that had lost loved ones in this tragic event and for those who were First Responders.

We began putting the word out that we would meet at the Middle School Auditorium that evening at 7 p.m. to pray for all that were involved in the day’s event.

The auditorium was full of concerned citizens that evening, gathered to call out to Almighty God in prayer for the victims and families that had been terrorized that day.

I will never forget the compassion and intercession that our community had for those they did not know. Our community churches were full that following Sunday and people who had not been faithful in their church attendance made it a priority to attend.

So each September 11th is a reminder to me of what happened that dreadful day back in 2001. It also reminds me how fragile life is and how that we need to be thankful for the hour that we live in.

Don’t think that an event like this can’t happen again. We don’t know what tomorrow holds but we need to know the one who holds tomorrow.

In our present day, our country is so divided and is like a powder keg ready to explode, so let’s be as prepared as we can be and seek the Lord.

Proverbs 22:3 (NLT): “A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions.The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”

May we never forget the price that has been paid for our freedom.

Eric Hopkins is associate minister for Growing Branches for Christ and wrote this article for the Fayette County Ministerial Association.

The Link Lonk


September 04, 2020 at 05:00PM
https://www.newsexaminer.com/arts_and_entertainment/ill-never-forget/article_f28dd037-a775-518c-a1b2-60a16b9e7892.html

I'll never forget | Arts And Entertainment | newsexaminer.com - Newsexaminer

https://news.google.com/search?q=forget&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Forget WKHS, Tap These 3 Non-Meme Stocks to Play the EV Boom - Yahoo Finance

forget.indah.link Has the ongoing social-media frenzy gained precedence over fundamental strength of a company in deciding its fate? Well,...

Popular Posts